Thursday, April 22, 2010

52 Weeks of Cooking- Week 18 *extra*

So I was going to make this for my dinner yesterday, but the cake gave me so much trouble, I decided to wait until tonight.

So this is what's in the oven right now!

Salsa Chicken Rice Casserole
2/3 cup uncooked white rice
1-1/3 cups water
2 skinless, boneless chicken breast halves
1 cup shredded Montery Jack cheese
1 cup shredded Cheddar cheese
1/2 can condensed cream of chicken soup
1/2 can cream of mushroom soup
1/2 onion, chopped
3/4 cup salsa
-Place rice and water in saucepan and bring to boil. Reduce to low, cover and simmer 20 minutes
-Meanwhile., place chicken in large saucepan and fill with water. Bring to boil, cook 20 minutes or till done. Remove from water. When cool to touch, cut into bite sized pieces. (I felt it was easier to cut the chicken first. My chicken cooked faster).
-Preheat oven to 350. Lightly grease 9 by 13 baking dish.
-Combine cheeses. In seperate bowl, mix soups, onion and salsa. Layer 1/2 rice, 1/2 chicken, 1/2 soup mix and 1/2 cheese. Repeat, ending with cheese.
-Bake for 40 minutes or till bubbly.

No comments:

Post a Comment