Tuesday, April 13, 2010

52 Weeks of Cooking- Week 17

It's time for another week of cooking!

I've been wanting some stuffed mushrooms for awhile, so I decided to make that for this week.

Stuffed Mushroom Caps
10 oz pkg. frozen, chopped spinach

1 envelope dry onion soup mix (I couldn't find this at all! So I replaced it with a bit of onion powder)

1 cup sour cream

1 clove crushed garlic (I added 2 cloves)

2 lbs. lg. fresh mushrooms


Thaw spinach, press out liquid.

Mix with onion soup, sour cream, and garlic.

Wash mushrooms. Remove the stems and discard.

Grease baking sheet. Fill mushrooms and chill (I didn't chill, didn't think it made a difference).

Heat 12 minutes at 350 degrees.
It was alright. There's not a lot of layers of flavor in this recipe, so it could obviously be improved. I have another stuffed mushroom recipe which I believe will be better. I will have to try that another time.

No comments:

Post a Comment