Sunday, February 7, 2010

52 Weeks of Cooking-Week Six

After Baking the first half

Cutting into the slices

Finished baking 2nd half

(this is the other pan, I cut them differently)


For this weeks cooking adventure, I was having trouble deciding between Chocolate Chip Shortbread and Chocolate Chip Biscotti.

Of course, chocolate had to be in this recipe.

Eventually the biscotti won out because I've made countless number of cookies and while biscotti is still a cookie, it's something different I haven't done yet.




Chocolate Chip Biscotti












Ingredients:






2 cups flour



1 and 1/2 teaspoon baking powder



1/4 teaspoon cinnamon



1/2 cup butter



1/2 cup lightly packed brown sugar



1/2 cup white sugar



2 eggs



1 cup chocolate chips












Directions:






-Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Line 2 baking sheet pans with parchment paper and set aside






-Whisk flour, baking powder and cinnamon together.






-Melt butter. Whisk in brown sugar and white sugar. Add eggs, 1 at a time. Mix after each one until well blended.






-Stir in flour mixture and fold in chocolate chips.






-Divide dough in half and shape into long slender loaves on each pan. Smooth top and bake 20-25 minutes.






-Allow to cool for 15-20 minutes and cut into 1/2 inch slices. Return to baking sheets and cook for 10 minutes.






Pictures to come later today!






Oh I almost forgot. I finally got a Facebook Fan Page, so I can get more viewers to my blog. Link will be up soon as well.
My Fan Page:

No comments:

Post a Comment