Monday, January 25, 2010

52 Weeks of Cooking- Week Five (Early!)







Ok, so my one and only rule during this whole year long experiment in cooking was that I cook on one of my days off from work.

Well, rule are made to be broken right?

I wanted to make this week's recipe with my 2 managers and I in mind. We are all in a challenge to lose weight, like the Biggest Loser. And this recipe is made with low-fat items.

Well, my 2 days off this week are Saturday and Sunday (which is strange, as I haven't worked 5 days straight in a while). And the only day my managers and I will all be there at the same time is tomorrow.

Thus why I had to break the rule and make this week's recipe tonight.




Dreamsicles






1 package sugar-free orange jello






1 package sugar-free vanila pudding






1 can Mandarin oranges






1 8-ounce carton fat free whipped topping









(NOTE- You can substitute fresh strawberries and strawberry Jello [which is what I made] or peaches and peach Jello)









-Dissolve Jello in 1 cup hot water. Add ice or water to make 2 cups. Let sit for 5 minutes.






-Add vanilla pudding mix and oranges. (NOTE- While my Jello was sitting, I was cutting up some strawberries and washing them. I didn't quite use a whole package of strawberries)






-Fold in whipped topping.






-Let Refrigerate for 2 hrs.









So I will either be back tonight at around 11 for a picture or I will be back tomorrow with the results of the taste testing and a picture.






Also I just wanted to say thanks to my like 3 readers out there lol. This journey is mainly for me, but since I'm putting it online, it is for you too.






So thank you =)

No comments:

Post a Comment