Wednesday, February 10, 2010

52 Weeks of Cooking-Week Eight? Week Seven and a Half? Week Seven Bonus?




Ok, so if you've followed my blog (or if you've gone through some past posts on here), you will know that I work at Arby's.

I have quite a few regular customers come through and I've gotten to know them really well. I know their orders, they know who I am, and we share about our days when we don't see each other.

Well, there is this group of guys who come in pretty much every day, Monday through Friday. They all work together and they all stop and get breakfast at Arbys.

Ever since taking on this year long challenge I have been sharing the food with these guys. And it's really great to get some feedback from someone right then and there.

Well, tomorrow is my day off and I just so happened to find a recipe for chocolate chip waffles the other day while searching for the perfect birthday cake recipe. I love waffles. I would pick waffles over pancakes any day. I was thinking about making them tomorrow, since I happened to have all the ingredients on hand.

I mentioned this to the guys and their eyes got so big! I couldn't break their hearts.

So I guess I'm making waffles tomorrow and bringing them in on Friday...

WOW this post is long and I'm just now getting to the recipe!



Chocolate Chip Waffles




INGREDIENTS




2 cups flour


1 cup chocolate chips


2 teaspoons sugar


1 tablespoon baking powder


1/2 teaspoon salt


1/2 teaspoon cinnamon


1 and 2/3 cup milk


1/3 cup butter


2 eggs




DIRECTIONS




Preheat your waffle maker




In a large bowl, combine flour, chocolate chips, sugar, baking powder, salt and cinnamon.




Add milk, butter, eggs. Mix till moistened. Some lumps may remain.




Add 1 cup batter to the area where you cook the waffle. Set a timer for 3 minutes and 45 seconds and cook.



Enjoy!






Oh and this recipe will have me at 5 desserts and 3 non-desserts. I am going to try to have just about an equal amount of both by the end of the year.




(I counted this one as a non. Even though it has chocolate in it.)

No comments:

Post a Comment