Sunday, February 28, 2010

52 Weeks of Cooking- Week Nine


This week, I gave the choosing part to my manager at work, Holly. She's a very picky eater and I like baking things that other people will eat.

She hasn't like some of the things that I've brought in before (although she loved the cake from last week!) so I brought in my recipe binders and told her to pick.

So this week's recipe is...Despiration Cookies


2 cups melted butter

3 cups white sugar

1 1/2 cups brown sugar

4 teaspoons vanilla

4 teaspoons baking soda

2 teaspoons salt

4 beaten eggs

5 cups flour

3 cups chips (the chocolate/butterscotch etc kind!) [She choose white chocolate] {Any combo of chips is okay}

4 cups chopped nuts (Use any kind of nuts you want. But if you don't have eactly 4 cups, fill with crushed cornflakes or Rice Krispies) (I'm using 2 cups cashews and 2 cups Rice Krispies)


Melt butter. Mix in both sugars. Add vanilla, baking soda, salt and mix. Add eggs and stir. Add 1/2 flour, chips, and nuts. Stir. Add remaining flour and mix.


Drop by teaspoons on greased cookie sheets. Bake at 350 for 10-12 minutes. Let cool for 2 minutes and then remove to wire rack to finish cooling.

No comments:

Post a Comment