Friday, January 1, 2010

52 Weeks of Cooking- Week One







I've been missing from here lately and for that I am sorry.

But it's a new year and I'm back baby!

I really would like to get back into cooking again and I decided that I will start out slow.

Trying one new recipe a week shouldn't be too hard should it?

Just which ever day I happen to be off, I will cook 1 new thing.

And what a better day to start than the 1st!

So today, I present to you:




Chocolate Chip Crunchs






1 cup melted butter (2 sticks)



1 cup white sugar



1 cup brown sugar



2 teaspoons baking soda



1 teaspoon salt



2 teaspoons vanilla



2 beaten eggs



2 1/2 cups flour



2 cups crushed cornflakes (I discovered that 2 cups uncrushed cornflakes will give you 1 cup crushed cornflakes)



1 to 2 cups chocolate chips









-Melt butter. Add sugars and stir. Add soda, salt, vanilla and eggs. Mix. Add flour and stir. Add cornflakes and chocolate chips. Mix.






-Preheat oven to 375 degrees.






-Form walnut sized dough balls and place on a greased cookie sheet. Press down with floured spatula.






-Bake 8 to 10 minutes. Cool on sheet, for 2 minutes, then transfer to wire rack.









These cookies are different. The crunch that the cornflakes gives is nice. I will definitely keep this recipe for later!












No comments:

Post a Comment