Friday, January 22, 2010

52 Weeks of Cooking-Week Four




I'm really nervous about this recipe. I've never made it before (obviously), I've never had it before, and when I was talking about it (to my co-workers), they say they've never had it before.

But I got it from my favorite mystery novel series (the Hannah Swenson novels, by Joanne Fluke). And every recipe in those books are tested...

So...Mystery Cookies.



Ingredients




1/2 cup melted butter


3 and 1/2 cups white sugar


2 beaten eggs


1 can condensed tomato soup (yes..tomato soup...this is why I'm nervous)


2 teaspoons nutmeg


2 teaspoons cinncmon


2 teaspoons baking soda


2 teaspoons salt


2 cups raisins (I don't like raisins..so I used chocolate chips)


2 cups chopped walnuts (measure after chopping)


4 and 1/2 cups flour








Microwave butter in bowl to melt. Add sugar and let cool. Mix in eggs.




Add soup and mix. Stir in cinnamon, nutmeg, baking soda, and salt. Add raisins and walnuts. Stir.




Measure flour and add in 1-cup increments, stirring in after each cup.




Let dough sit for 10 minutes.




Spray Pam on a cookie sheet.



Drop drough by teaspoons onto cookie sheets.




Bake for 10-12 minutes or until golden brown. Let sit for 1-2 minutes on sheet and then move to wire rack.

2 comments:

  1. Ive had cake with tomatoes in it. Honestly, you cant taste the tomato at all! Seems CRAZY

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just a note- No one could figure out that there is tomato soup in it. They're also really good. I really liked them.

    ReplyDelete