Wednesday, April 22, 2009

Pictures/Recipe


I have an exam tonight and I need to start getting ready to leave (takes me almost an hour to get to school! The things I do for an education!), so for now all you get are pictures.


I'll edit this entry to add the recipe either later tonight (around 10 EST maybe) or tomorrow early afternoon).


So for now, pictures it is.



I'm really sorry that the picture is so bad. I just took one really quickly.

I have a few others, I'll go through them and try to maybe edit them...

EDIT TO ADD RECIPE

I've had this recipe for about 4 years. I got it when I took a cooking class around August of 2004, for high school.

It came from the Betty Crocker Cookbook and it's called "Hot Fudge Sundae Cake"

INGREDIENTS:

1 Cup All-Purpose Flour
3/4 cup granulated sugar
1/4 cup plus 2 tablespoons baking cocoa
2 teaspoon baking powder
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/2 cup milk
2 tablespoons vegetable oil
1 teaspoon vanilla (I happened to leave this out)
1 cup chopped nuts (optional) (I didn't use these either)
1 cup packed brown sugar
1 and 3/4 cup very hot water

DIRECTIONS:

1. Heat the oven to 350 degress F

2. Mix the flour, the sugar, 2 tablespoons baking cocoa, the baking powder, the salt together. Mix in milk and vanilla with a fork until smooth. Stir in nuts. Spread in an ungreased square pan (9 by 9).

3. Sprinkle on brown sugar and 1/4 cup baking cocoa over batter.

4. Pour water over top.

5. Bake for 40 minutes or until top is dry.

6. Spoon warm cake into dish. Spoon sauce from pan onto each serving.

MY TAKE:

I thought it was okay. I didn't add the vanilla (because I don't really like vanilla extract all too much) or the nuts (because we didn't have any at all).

I thought it was a little bit...too dry. But with the sauce on it, it was fine.

The recipe also suggested having ice cream on the side, so I did do that.

We had some leftover on the second day, so I heated it up in the microwave. It was alight. Definitely better on the first day though.

2 comments: